top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What Makes Praise Worthy Candles different?

We only use 100% soy wax from soybeans that are grown in the USA. These candles that are cruelty-free, paraffin-free and phthalate free. We strive to keep candles simple, with clean ingredients, this includes no dyes. When it comes to being environmentally friendly and sustainable, synthetic fragrances are a far better choice. Praise Worthy Customer service + environmentally friendly.

What do you scent your candles with?

While a lot of people are looking for candles with essential oils, recent studies have shown that essential oils can become toxic when burned and they loose their “healing“ properties to be effective. We do infuse essential oils into mny of our spwcial collections.

Why Soy?

Soy candles are made from soy wax. Soy wax is created from the oil of a soybean. The majority of USA soy beans are grown in Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. Praise Worthy Candles only uses 100% soy wax from soybeans grown in the United States. Label and marketing laws in the USA allow sellers to market their candles as “pure soy” if the candle contains at least 51% soy wax. What is the other 49%? It could be paraffin, beeswax, or coconut wax. Many “pure soy” sellers use paraffin because of its cheaper pricing. See my blog post: Your candles are killing you.

 

How long before my candle ships?

Please allow 3-5 business days for normal shipping. for Custom label orders the information is on the order form. All Candle Club subscriptions are shipped to arrive at your door by the 5th of every month. your card will be charged the 1st of every month.

What if my package is stolen or damaged upon arrival?

Please fill out the Contact Us form with the following information in the message area:

  • Order (Invoice) Number

  • Description of the damages

  • Shipping Provider (if known, see shipping label or tracking number for provider)

IMPORTANT: Please keep all packaging (including all "inside" packaging). We will ask for images of the damages and the packaging. Without proof of damage, we will not be able to exchange or refund the item. Damaged items must be reported within 5 business days of delivery.

Lost Packages

Please check your tracking information before reading further. Your tracking information can be found in the email associated with the order. If your tracking as not moved in more than 3 days, or you think the package as been stolen, please continue.

Exchanges

If you are unhappy with your order, we would be happy to exchange it. The candle must be unused, and not damaged. As a small business, we will not be able to cover the shipping cost to exchange the candles. Shipping cost will need to be covered by the buyers both ways. If you are exchanging a candle, and it arrives to our shop broken, we will not be able to refund the candle. We highly recommend insuring the package. USPS (local post office) has low cost priority mail (2-3 business days) which includes free insurance up to $100. Exchanges exclude items that were on sale, or discontinued.If you would like an exchange, please notify us within 7 days of your delivery.

Candle Care
  • Trim the wick to 1/4 inch ( use a wick trimmer)

  • Burn for no more than 4 hours

  • The first burn is very important, it sets up how your candle will tunnel so let the candle burn for 4 hours

  • Always burn candles well away from drafts, other heat sources, and anything flammable. 

  • Make sure burning candles are out of reach of children and pets. 

  • Never leave a burning candle unattended.

  • Do not to leave our candles in your car for an extended period of time

  • On hot days they may melt or discolor. 

  • Extreme cold causes cracking and separation, after long exposure to the cold, you should allow the candle to return to room temperature for a minimum of 2 hours before burning it to minimize potential damage.

bottom of page